BEACH DIGGIN' VOL. 3 BY GUTS & MAMBO by V/A
|Title||BEACH DIGGIN' VOL. 3 BY GUTS & MAMBO|
|Release||W 30 - 2015|
|Format||Vinyl - EU2LP|
|€ 19,50||incl. VAT, excl. shipping|
- Gene Lawrence - Feel like making love ( Trinidad & Tobago )
- Junior Tucker - Take a message - Instrumental ( Jamaica )
- The Group NSI - Moin epi vou ( Guadeloupe )
- Billy Cole - Mystic Mood ( Jamaica )
- Fred Aucagos - Pangua Zô pile moin ( Guadeloupe )
- Casual T - Hands off - Instrumental ( Jamaica )
- Dalton - Soul Brother ( Tunisia )
- Franko Xavier - Antes pouco que nenhum ( Brazil )
- Bobbie Houston - I want to make it with you ( US )
- Gilles Rivard - Je reviens ( Canada )
- Bola Sete - Bettina ( Brazil )
- Brother Resistance - Wars in space dub ( Trinidad & Tobago )
- Clive Bradley & The Bradley Band - Party on the block ( Trinidad & Tobago )
- Scherzando - I need your love ( Saint Thomas )
It's the season of the juiciest, sweetest fruit, of shorts, tank tops and thongs, the time of year when you look at life through a dark pair of sunglasses. Summer is also the time of year when lovers of soul, disco, funk, bossa, jazz and other similar grooves get together to enjoy the sunny vibrations sampled by Guts and Mambo from the world over.
Since 2013, this duo has trademarked and branded its acoustic discoveries with the appellation Beach Diggin', a label that certifies the quality and rarity of its products and guarantees a maximum dose of sunshine for every groove. Braving the hordes of sugar-hungry bees swarming around boxes of Caribbean records, the humidity in the holds of boats, or jostling to save 45's lying on the ground from being trampled underfoot, Guts and Mambo, at the risk of their own lives, have explored the most far-flung corners of the earth, all for a single purpose: To discover and to share.
Because in the end, the geographic origin matters little. Even if the golden triangle of Brazil, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago remains the largest supplier, Beach Diggin'is above all a way of being, a way of living the moment and life in general to the fullest. Permanent coolitude on the BPM, fast or slow, an epicureanism that is equally at ease whether its produced with a sense of Amazonian luxuriousness or the sparse comfort of a deserted beach, a reserve of a few degrees of heat to put on the turntable when it gets cold outside.
So, it's not surprising that tracks from Eastern Europe, North Africa, or the US have quickly received their stamp of approval. In this third compilation, just as in the previous two, the rule remains: Beach Diggin' is a state of mind...