johnny thunders - so alone (remarquable special edition) - remarquable recordsRMQ1 - uk2lp
Genre: Wave / Pop / Rock
2. You Can't Put Your Arms Round A Memory
3. (Give Her A) Great Big Kiss
4. Ask Me No Questions
5. Leave Me Alone
6. Daddy Rollin' Stone
7. London Boys
8. (She's So) Untouchable
9. Subway Train
11. Dead Or Alive - original 45 A-side (the b side was Downtown)
12. Hurtin' - original 45 B-side (the a side was '%u2026.Memory')
13. You Can't Put Your Arms Round A Memory (7%u201D single version) - 1st time released on any format since 1978
14. So Alone - unreleased album title track (1st time on vinyl)
15. The Wizard - unreleased, mixed for use as an extra track
benelux exclusive title
EAN-13 Barcode: 5054196890674
This is the third of four Remarquable Records vinyl releases in the Johnny Thunders: 1978 series, celebrating New York’s iconoclastic rock’n’roll vagabond Johnny Thunders !
The cult guitar hero was a founding member of two highly influential groups: the fabulous New york Dolls and ‘punk’ pioneers The heartbreakers. By 1978 Johnny had relocated to London, forging plans for a solo career which culminated in the release of his career-peak album ‘So alone’. In 1984 Johnny himself acknowledged it was “the best record I ever made”. Under the guiding hand of producer Steve Lillywhite and amidst an unrepeatable roll call of friends only too willing and able to help out, Johnny forged an album which has gone on to influence generations, spawning his most popular single ‘you can't put your arms round a memory’ which featured prominently in the award winning HBO TV series ‘The Sopranos’ and Scorsese’s film ‘Bring out the dead’. It’s an unmissable all-time classic. In the wake of Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger’s highly anticipated new HBO Television series VINYL – whose initial episode features Johnny’s music – this Exclusive and unlikely-to-be-repeated Remarquable Special Edition of Johnny’s ‘So alone’ album is timely, and rounds up the complete original ‘So Alone’ album as well as non-album tracks released on singles and two key unissued outtakes.
DJ / Press Quotes
Show reviews (0)
* A second disc containing for the first time on vinyl the unreleased title track SO ALONE, a cover of Marc (T. Rex) Bolan’s ‘THE WIZARD’ which Johnny recorded as an unreleased single b-side AND two non-album single tracks: DEAD OR ALIVE (Johnny’s debut solo single a-side); and for the first time in any format since its original release, the single edit of YOU CAN’T PUT YOUR ARMS ROUND A MEMORY; plus its b-side HURTIN’
* Rounding off the package is a lavish 16-page booklet reproducing almost all the original promotional materials that accompanied the original release of the album in 1978, including two promotional posters. This remarquable package will not be available again.