ron trent presents - prescription : word, sound & power - rush hour rssRH RSS 020 - eu6lpbox
1. C. Damier & R. Trent - Morning Factory
2. Ron Trent - Prescription
3. Ron & Chez D - Don't Try It
4. Ron Trent - Seduction
5. Ron Trent - Pop, Dip and Spin
6. Ron Trent - Energy
7. Chez Damier & Ron Trent - Sometimes I Feel Like
8. Angora - Enchantment
9. Ron Trent - I Feel The Rhythm
10. Ron Trent & Anthony Nicholson - Soul Samba Express
11. USG - Life 4 Living feat. Monica Elam
12. Ron Trent - Space Ridims
13. Chez Damier & Ron Trent - Foot Therapy
14. Konfusion Kidzz - On My Mind
15. Ron Trent - Morning Feve
16. Ani - Love Is The Message (For Those Who Didn't Hear It)
17. World, Sky & Universes - The Answer
18. Ron Trent - Black Magic Woman feat. Harry Dennis
19. Noni - Be My Friend
20. Warp Dub Sound System - Night Places Darkness Upon The Earth
21. Chez-N Trent - The Choice
22. Ron Trent - History
23. Ron Trent & Chez Damier- The Meaning
24. Ron Trent - Piano Track
EAN-13 Barcode: 8717127018406
The legendary Prescription Records defined the 1990s deep house sound. Now captured in this monumental 6LP anthology boxset! Holds numerous classics that have been out of press for years + previously unreleased tracks, huge tip!! *Includes Download Code*
'Prescription: Word, Sound and Power' presents the groundbreaking Chicago based house label's anthology, holding milestone songs + four previously unreleased tracks.
Prescription Records defined the 1990s deep house sound. Chez Damier and Ron Trent started the label in 1993, released some two-dozen singles in a four-year span, many of which attained legendary status on the underground scene. "Chez Damier and I started the label, because we had the idea to take a certain level of fidelity and bring that fidelity to what people call tracks. Tracks being drum orientated Chicago rhythm tracks with a minimalistic melody. We were playing with that idea, expounding a point of that minimalistic aspect and making it more complex", Trent explains.
Ron Trent was born in Massachusetts but raised in Chicago, listening to jazz and learning percussion. He began DJing in 1982, playing at area high schools. His first EP, containing the epic instrumental 'Altered States', was released on Armando Gallop's Warehouse Records in 1990. Chez Damier (Anthony Pearson) grew up in Chicago, where he danced at the Warehouse as a youth. He left for Detroit in the 1980s, helping to open the Music Institute and working A&R for Kevin Saunderson's label, KMS. Damier and Trent met while Damier was visiting Chicago and immediately hit it off.
Today, Prescription is cited by countless producers as a major influence. "It's a very dub experimental label... sound bites, samples, rhythms, and a lot of ethereal stuff, too," Trent expounds "not to mention. Prescription's embrace of heavy sub-bass". Concludes Trent, "It was ahead of its time, definitely."