v/a - jerome derradji presents: 122 bpm - the birth of house music - mitchbal records & chicago connection records - still musicSTILLMDLP 006 - ukdo12'
Genre: House - Chicago
1. Jeanette Thomas - Shake Your Body
2. Z Factor - I Am the DJ (feat. Jesse Saunders) Jazzy Mix
3. Mitchbal & Larry Williams - Do Dat Stuff Dance Mix
4. Libra Libra - I Like It (Club Mix)
5. Z Factor - Fantasy Instrumental
6. Risque Rythum Team - The Jackin Zone
7. Z Factor - (I Like To Do It In) Fast Cars
8. Mc Ghee - I Got Broke Breakdancing Instrumental
Out of Stock
122 BPM is the story of how a father and his son changed Chicago’s Dance music scene in the 1980s and went on to take the world by storm, leaving an impression that will last forever with just a couple of 12” releases the world would soon know as House music. Tip!
Nemiah Mitchell Jr. and Vince Lawrence couldn't have known what their contribution to House music would become. Their story provides the missing Chicago link between soul, disco, new wave and then House, between the radio and club DJs and their audience, between the old generation and the new generation. This is the story of the first House records ever made - long before Trax or DJ International were even dreamt of. The compilation includes numerous unreleased tracks and beyond hard to find house tracks made in Chicago in the early to late Eighties from the catalogues of Mitchbal Records and Chicago Connection Records.