ilaiyaraaja - fire star (synth-pop and electro-funk from tamil films 1985-1989 - bombay connectionBC 003CD - eucd
Genre: World - Misc
1. Vikram - Kamal Hassan - 1986
2. Adi Rani Mangama - Mano -1989
3. Instrumental Music - 1989
4. Baby - Anuradha - 1988
5. Pala Rathiri - Vani Jairam, M. Vasudevan & G. Amaran - 1986
6. Chittu Kuruvi - S.P. Balasubrahmaniam & S.Janaki - 1985
7. Disco King - Yesudas & Vani Jairam - 1986
8. Pattu Engey - Malaysia Vasudevan & S. P. Sailaja - 1987
9. One Two - Francis Lazarus 1986
10. Raja Rajadhi Raja - Ilaiyaraaja - 1988
11. Pavala Malligai - Malaysia Vasudevan & Chithra 1986
12. Ninnukkori - Chitra -1988
13. Love Theme On Computer - 1986
14. I Want To Tell You Something - S.P. Balasubrahmaniam - 1987
15. Valaiyosai - S.P. Balasubrahmanyam & Lata Mangeshkar - 1988
16. Vaa Veliye - S.P. Balasubrahmanyam & Chitra %u2013 1987
NO SALES IN THE BENELUX !!
EAN-13 Barcode: 9789490931001
Great new album on the Dutch Bombay Connection label!
Indian film music invariably manages to take you by surprise, time and time again. Hard electro-funk and sweet synth-pop are not genres you would expect from India. Yet, in the late 80s electronic beats and synths were eagerly embraced by the film industry of South India along with kung fu fights, aerobics, sunglasses and jogging outfits. The rich and funky
Tamil grooves of early 80s transformed into stripped electronic synthesizer music. Composer Ilaiyaraaja, AKA ‘The Maestro’ used minimal beats and synthetic arrangements to create an addictive and captivating electro synth pop sound. His experimental mind, unfailing pop instinct and advanced harmonics make the songs a feast for the ears that will grow with
every listen. Check!
.CD includes a 30 pages booklet with info on the featured films.